Every member of the Icon team is here to help. The team at Icon Haematology work directly with staff across the Icon Cancer Centre locations. Here are some of the team members you may meet and the role they have in your care.
- Haematologists specialise in treating blood disorders and cancers affecting the blood e.g. leukaemia.
- Medical Oncologists are doctors who specialise in diagnosing and treating cancers with the use of chemotherapy drugs, immunotherapy, targeted therapies and hormonal therapies. Your medical oncologist will develop and continually review your treatment plan and, in most cases, lead and manage your overall care.
- Radiation Oncologists are specialist doctors who prescribe radiation therapy treatments for different types of cancer, and oversee the management of care for patients during radiotherapy.
- Nurses will support you throughout many areas of your treatment and overall wellbeing, including administering your chemotherapy, monitoring your symptoms and managing any side effects. Your nursing team can answer any questions you may have and provide additional sources of information regarding your diagnosis and treatment.
- Administration team will coordinate your treatment at the centre, including appointment bookings, billing and connecting you with external support services. If you have any questions or are ever unsure who to talk to, our administration team can help.
- Pharmacy staff are committed to supporting your care. Our pharmacists work with your doctor and nursing team to make sure the treatment you receive is optimal and safe. Our pharmacists are available on-site to answer questions, provide advice and information about your medications.